C R safety and Consumable Supplies Limited are committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted ethically and we manage all our disciplines to ensure sustainability.
Who we are and what we do
Our core business activity is the supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),Work wear, Cleaning/Hygiene Products, Site Safety Signs and Workplace Consumable Supplies
Goals and Vision
Support our customers to remain complaint with the supply of appropriate products,
Work in partnership with our suppliers and customers to enhance their respect and loyalty.
Maintain beneficial supplier partnerships to ensure that our needs and expectations for training and services are met.
Maintain a participatory work ethic, rely on the innate excellence of our staff and provide a workplace culture in which they excel.
Maintain a passion for continuous improvement and continuously improve processes, provide innovative solutions and supply product that meets all relevant standards.
Our key stakeholders are.
- Local Community
Looking after Employees
It is important that we retain loyal and productive staff, It is vital to maintain a good working environment where our colleagues feel safe.
- We are an Equal Opportunities Employer as per the Human Rights Act 2010
- We conform to the Modern Slavery Act 2015. And check the policies of our suppliers to ensure we are sourcing product from businesses that also comply with the act.
- The health and safety of our employees is of paramount importance and we have a clear and defined Health and safety policy which all employees are familiar with.
- Staff training, appraisals and personal development are key to the continued future of the business.
- Clear communication with colleagues is continuous, using verbal, communication centre, P4 operating system, appraisal and feedback, suggestions platform.
- Pay and benefits, staff are paid correctly and on time, all wages meet or exceed the National Living Wage. All full-time employees are opted into a pension, they are invited to use the gym facility on site and have access to the cycle to work scheme.
- Any HR issue raised by any individual is dealt with promptly and in line with the company HR policy.
Looking after Customers
Our objective is to always meet or exceed our customers expectations by continuously improving and updating the skills and resources needed for the continuous supply of our core product range and additionally requested services.
We measure and monitor our service performance daily utilizing the P4 operating system to support this together with all delegated responsibilities.
All customer orders received are acknowledged and an effective delivery date confirmed. All customer orders are managed to completion and any change to the status or timeline of orders is communicated to the customer.
The Company undertakes to supply only safety equipment and/or related services that fully comply with the relevant standards and regulations and claims made relating to those products and/or related services. Where appropriate, we maintain up to date technical files and associated documentation to ensure that regulatory compliance.
Customer retention is crucial to our business as this stimulates organic growth of the company.
Supplier selection is critical, our criteria is driven by several factors with no single value of greater importance.
The integrity of our suppliers is first and foremost, evidence that they adhere to the Modern Slavery Act 2015,have a CSR policy in place are some of the key checks we carry out prior to entering any discussion or negotiation.
We offer our suppliers.
- Prompt payment
Our company is very aware that we do not have a business without our suppliers.
Protecting the Environment
Locally and globally we progressively improve the impact we have on the environment.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
- We minimise the use of paper in the business.
- We reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We reuse and recycle all cardboard where possible.
- All paper and cardboard we cannot reuse is recycled by our local authority.
Energy and water
- We reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible. Efficient heating and lighting are installed, used and maintained.
- Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
- Heating is adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products is considered when purchasing.
- Water consumption is measured and initiatives to reduce usage encouraged.
- We reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We promote the use of carbon efficient communication alternatives to having to travel such as e-mail or e-meetings/phone conferencing.
- We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We utilise eco vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in building maintenance is as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste with 80% going for recycling.
- We work with our suppliers to improve their environmental performance.
- Product being manufactured from recycled material is now available and promoted by our supply partners and ourselves.
- We use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
- We encourage consolidated purchasing from our customers, reducing the number of deliveries having to be made.
The support and engagement of the local community is pivotal to our business. The benefits all round are numerous.
We endeavour to recruit locally, currently all the team live within a 10 mile radius of the operating site.
Supporting and utilising the resources of the local college to develop employees is concurrent.
The company supports a nominated charity every year, the charity is chosen by the employees where the benefactor has a local presence.
Charities that have benefited in the past are.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society
Manchester Children’s Hospital
Short Bowel Survivors
Blackburn with Darwen/Saint James Church Community Project
Diabetes UK – Longridge Surgery
All the parts of our CSR are monitored and measured in appropriate ways.
Environmental impacts through our Environmental policy
Customer, predominantly through our Quality Management System (QMS) and operating procedures
Our employees, through our Human resources policy and procedures and our culture of putting people first.
Suppliers in line with the QMS and operating procedures
Community engagement by the collective team and overseen by the Director in charge.